Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blogging From A To Z: P is for

Hank Pym


Who?  


Well,  Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym was the original Ant-Man.  He was created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, and Jack Kirby and made his debut inTales to Astonish #27 in January 1962.


He was a founding member of The Avengers (and one of only two not to make it into the upcoming movie).


He later became Giant-Man...




Then Goliath...




Then Yellowjacket...



And so on....but the REAL reason he is on this list...he was front and center on the cover of the FIRST comic I ever bought....Avengers 228....


The story behind this purchase was blogged about HERE!

5 comments:

  1. Pym featured prominently in a book I just recently finished: The Physics of Superheroes. The notion of shrinking and expanding things presents all sorts of problems in the real world. Pym's powers are classified as "miracle exceptions".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank Pym needs to get some respect from Marvel. At least he's starring in the Avengers movie.

    What's that? He's not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into comics and never was, but I found the evolution of Pym's character interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Ant-man is hilarious. I only wish they'd make a movie out of THAT. And have Nathan Fillion play him (as Joss Whedon once joked).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think Fillion would have been a GREAT Green Lantern!

      Delete

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites