Thursday, December 2, 2010

30 Days of Comics: Day 10: A comic you bought because of the artist

Solus #1

Many comics would fit into this category. When I first started collecting there were a handful of "hot" artists. I would tend to follow an artist on to a book because if the comic was pleasant to look at, then usually it made the story easier to enjoy. George Perez was one of those artists whose work was just GORGEOUS to look at.

When I got back in to collecting, it was the first time in my adult life that I was collecting when money wasn't a huge concern for me. Plus I had a VERY supportive partner who not only encouraged me getting back in to collecting, she made it almost impossible NOT to do it!

I missed the rise of CrossGen as a company and only have a passing knowledge of their (almost) inevitable implosion. The local comic store mentioned that this book was going to be done by Perez. I didn't think much of it.

My previous school sent me to New York City for a three day technology conference. On one of the afternoons, I walked most of Manhattan and hit every comic book store I could find. This was on the shelf at one of them so I picked it up.

I vaguely recall thumbing through it and my database indicates I purchased the second issue, but it obviously didn't grab me enough to continue with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites