Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 Days Of Comics: Day 15: A Comic You've Read But Don’t Own

Walking Dead: Volume 1
I accidentally discovered that the IT guy at my last school was a comic fan. He loaned me the first 4 or 5 volumes of this series to read. I am not a real zombie fan and as I have said non-superhero books usually leave me cold, but these were a fun read. I liked that not too much was given away and that NO characters were really safe.

Since I couldn't afford the single issues, I didn't pick the series up. I flirted with the idea of buying the collections, BUT I felt I needed to have them all (complete-ist mentality!) and buying the ones I had read didn't seem to make sense. My local library isn't carrying these so unless I make an occasional trip to Barnes and Noble, I'm not going to catch up.

I am half way through this "challenge" and am still enjoying it. I think I have missed two days. I had pre-written 6 or 7 of them and school got busy so I missed getting the next one out on time. Since moving to "daily" writing, I only missed this past Monday, which was a HORRIBLE day at school (Top 5 worst "school" days ever) and I couldn't muster the energy to write.

Long story short (too late!), there is more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites