Monday, July 18, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days: Day 29 – A song from your childhood

I remember my parents had TWO '45s, "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" by Crystal Gayle and "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton.  That was it.

My stepfather brought over a thousand albums into my life.  All that vinyl!  He is the reason music entered my life.

The first time I ever heard this song,  my mother commented that if I had been a girl it was the name she wanted to name me.  Unfortunately for her, I was a boy.

Neither she nor my father could agree on a name.  The story my dad used to tell was that one of the nurses recommend my name and they both liked it.  Then they were asked what the middle name would be....again, no agreement.  Since both of their names started with the same letter, I got the letter....with NO period....just like Harry S Truman!

Enjoy!

Amie by The Pure Prairie League


1 comment:

  1. One of the world's under-appreciated songs, it's a glass of lemonade on the front porch.

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites