Sunday, July 10, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days: Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry

I have been very fortunate in this life of mine.  But, like everyone else, I have had my share of...unpleasantness.

There have been three DARK times in my life.  Those times where you need help beyond the normal.  Where you struggle to wake up, to keep on moving, to....just be.

This song came out during one of those times.  I distinctly remember where I was when I first heard this song (and the memory makes me shudder) but it quickly fit so much of what was going on....going wrong in my life at the time.  I won't be so overly dramatic as to say it "saved" me but it did help move me in the right direction.

To this day, it is one I belt out with fervor when I play it.  The whole album remains one of my favorites...a desert island disc, if you will.  The only reason I didn't use it with the last post was to save it for this post.

Enjoy!

Monkey Wrench by The Foo Fighters



=========================================================
The "30 Songs in 30 Days" challenge, inspired by the tumblr list. Our 30 Songs roster:

The Armchair Squid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites