Thursday, July 7, 2011

30 Songs in 30 Days: Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio

So here comes another confession during this challenge....I really don't listen to the radio.  I prefer sports talk or, when I had my satellite radio, Howard Stern.  On long car trips Nan and I will listen to podcasts of "Wait, Wait" or "Car Talk", or even the occasional comedian's stand up album.

I do have distinct memories of visiting my grandparents quite often growing up.  My grandfather listened to a "light" station when he would drive us around (coincidentally, the same station Nan had on in her car the first time she and I went anywhere together!).

In my memory, we heard this song EVERY TIME he drove us somewhere.

Enjoy!

"Big Bad John" by Jimmy Dean



=========================================================
The "30 Songs in 30 Days" challenge, inspired by the tumblr list. Our 30 Songs roster:

The Armchair Squid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites