Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30 Days Of Comics: Day 3: A Comic That Made You Cry

Amazing Spider-Man #248

"The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man".....Man, I am all goose-bumpy and verklempt just typing the title...

Most of the comic pictured above concerns a fight between Spider-Man and Thunderball. It's the "back-up" story that holds all the weight for me.

As I write this, I am not sure how much I want to give away. Maybe someone hasn't read the story or the Wikipedia synopsis.

The action of the story is "narrated" through a newspaper article on a young boy named Tim Hammond. Spider-Man visits him one evening, having heard about him through the newspaper article. The two swap stories for hours with Spider-Man recounting his greatest adventures. Even some of the details of his origin....

As the evening draws to a close, Tim asks who Spider-Man really is...and our hero tells him. Tim promises to keep his secret....


You can probably figure where the story goes from here....I just can't spoil it....but the next page......wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites