Sunday, August 8, 2010

Buster Olney and The Lake Monsters

Cousin Lars and his son invited Logan and I out to see the Vermont Lake Monsters play on Friday. I hadn't been to a game yet this year and had just finished two weeks of a summer program with some "heavy hitters", so I thought it would be a good little reward.

We arrived and found out it was Buster Olney night! I enjoy watching the ESPN and Olney is rather insightful. Plus I am EASILY starstruck. We didn't arrive early enough to get an Olney Bobblehead, but I did muster up enough courage to wander over and ask for a picture (after a group of 10 year old boys, leading Lars to begin making fun of me.....)


It was announced that Olney grew up in a town here in Vermont that is home to several distant relatives of ours, so I dropped some names and had a good laugh with Buster.

Here is a video montage of the event from the Lake Monsters official YouTube account. I caught a little story at the end of Baseball Tonight Friday, but I can't find it on-line....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites