Sunday, February 1, 2009

This will always make me think of my grandfather...






I remember being at "Lums" in Rutland with Justin and probably my dad having lunch with Nana and Grandpa in 1981 after "Raiders of The Lost Ark" (the correct, true title) had come out.

Gramps had recently seen this with my cousins Marc and Lars. I clearly remember him telling us about this scene, reenacting it and laughing, deeply and honestly, at the scene and his own retelling.

I've been recently buying the toys based on this scene and found these two on clearance at WalMart in Plattsburgh yesterday:



They join these guys I got for Christmas:


And these I got at Disney two years ago:





1 comment:

  1. Gramps did love that scene. Any time you would mention it, his eyes would light up and he would get genuinely jovial while recalling it.

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites