Monday, April 25, 2011

Blogging From A To Z: U is for

...Ultimate Spider-Man.


When I returned to comics after my son was born, I had heard about this series.  I had never really collected Spider-Man previously and was intrigued by this take on him.  It didn't hurt that I liked this "new" writer Brian Bendis and the art was pleasing.  I hunted down every back issue and today it is the 6th highest issue total of any comic book series in my collection (with 137 to Batman's 143) and the only one I am still collecting.

Marvel's next big Ultimate Universe event is entitled "Death of Spider-Man" and if it is indeed the case, I don't think I will mind, as this series seems to have gone as far as it can.

2 comments:

  1. What makes this Spiderman "Ultimate"?


    Hope you join us in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post on Monday May 2nd.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Ultimate" Universe was Marvel's attempt at offering "new" readers more accessible comics....ones that shed the 30+ years of known continuity. Streamlined, as it where.

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites