Thursday, February 7, 2013

What I Read Today

Monkey with a Tool BeltMonkey with a Tool Belt by Chris Monroe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book has been on my "to read" list for over a year. I am not sure why I added it to the list but I am glad I did.

This is an tale in the on-going adventures of Chico Bon-Bon, a monkey with a tool belt.

I found the illustrations to be very humorous. Monroe does an excellent job of conveying Chico's moods even in his relatively simple illustrations.

I enjoyed the preposterousness of Chico's plan and the deatils ad humor in the illustration describing the items in Chico's tool belt.

There were several pages that had an internal rhyming structure that worked for me but there was a slight jarring when moving away from those pages.

I am not sure if I will continue with the series but this was a charming entry that I really enjoyed.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites