Sunday, November 20, 2011

Flickchart Update

Yesterday I posted that I was addicted to Flickchart.  Well, twenty four-ish hours later, I have ranked 607 movies a total of 1573 times.  By no means a scientific test, but the results are pretty good.  I also like how the site uses a variety of posters to represent the films.  Some fan made...some foreign ones.

If you want to see my whole list, look up my user name (cmock127) on the site.

Here are my top 20 movies....some I have seen a bunch of times....some only once or twice but they made an impact on me....

20.  Rear Window

19.  Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

18.  Usual Suspects

17.  Monsters, Inc.

16.  Caine Mutiny

15.  Goldeneye

14.  Spiderman 2

13.  About A Boy

12.  Star Wars

11.  Saving Private Ryan

10.  Ghostbusters

9.  The Hunt For Red October
The Hunt for Red October (Special Collector's Edition) Movie Poster

8.  12 Monkeys

7.  True Lies


6.  Terminator


5.  Fight Club

4.  The Fugitive

3.  X-Men 2: X-Men United

2.  Black Hawk Down

1. Die Hard

6 comments:

  1. I have seen a grand total of (drum roll, please) six of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wha-wha-what?!? That's unpossible!!

    My guesses for what you have seen:

    Usual Suspects
    Rear Window
    Monsters Inc
    About A Boy
    Ghostbusters
    Fight Club

    Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three of six. 50 percent. While that's an OK grade in Kate School, I'm pretty sure that would garner you an "F" in real school.

    - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (a favorite)
    - Monsters, Inc.
    - Star Wars (I'm the world's only un-fan)
    - Ghostbusters
    - Fight Club
    - The Fugitive

    I'm not much of a movie-watcher, and after many, many "You should see [XYZ]" suggestions from friends, I started a Movies Kate Needs to See list.

    It was a good way to put my rusty SQL skills to use with a little help from a friend. I haven't converted the page to the "new" site layout, but I'll add it to my website to-do list.

    Add away!! And let me know when you do; I don't get auto-notifications for it. I'll add that to my to-do list, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... And this post is just so I can check the "Email follow-up comments to me" box. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went back and forth between Star Wars and Rear Window. I did not know you were not a movie watcher...I will TRY not to be too obnoxious about adding to your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Kate! I added a couple from this list...I'll think on it some more and try to come up with some good ones...

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites