Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ray Stung By Stingray

07:19 AM ET 05.27 |

Ah, the irony. Infielder Sean Rodriguez earned a painful distinction this week he could do without: the first Ray to be stung by a stingray.

Rodriguez was on the beach Monday morning behind his Redington Beach rental condo when he took his 2-year-old daughter, Sofia, a couple of feet into the water for a closer look at some dolphins.

A few steps (and a stingray shuffle or two) later, he saw something flash through the water and felt something on his right heel. "I actually thought it was a catfish at first, that it grazed me. I didn't think much of it," Rodriguez said.

"And then I got out of the water, and I was like whoooaaaa."


St. Petersburg Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites