Friday, March 13, 2015

Mock Squid Soup - March 13th: Three Days of the Condor

This blog has been long neglected.  It has been 71 days since I last posted.  Life changes rapidly and I have been making some choices to keep up.  One of the casualties of my choices has been my free time....specifically my on-line free time.  I don't seem to find myself with enough time on my hands to visit blogs and comment, let alone posting here with any regularity.

It also means finding 90 minutes or more to sit and watch a movie is difficult.  My Netflix queue is full of movies ranging from "Oooh...I always wanted to see that" to "Hmmm....that looks worth watching."  I had no idea of what I might watch for this month's Blog Hop.  My prospect for finding time was bleak...but then it happened.

While cleaning up Netflix profile, Nan said she and our son had an Odyssey of the Mind meeting on Sunday and at the same time I saw "Three Days of the Condor" was now available on the service.

Currently #114 on my flickchart list

Robert Redford plays a low level analyst for the CIA.  He is part of a group that reads every book published and feeds the details to a computer to find out if pending CIA operations have been compromised.

One rainy day, it is Redford's job to get lunch for his co-workers.  When he returns, he discovers that they have all been murdered.  The rest of the movie is spent following Redford trying to unravel the mystery and figure out who he can trust.

For me, this has always been the epitome of 1970's conspiracy spy flicks, despite not having seen it for well over 15 years.  It held up well for me on this viewing with stellar performances and a veritable "who's who" of 1970's cinema.



7 comments:

  1. Probably a movie I should see at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie for the first time last year. I have no idea why the heck it took me so long, but this was so much fun to watch. Great choice. I'm glad you discovered it and found the time to read and review it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mock, this is one of my all time favorite movies. I squealed with delight when i saw you had chosen it! REDFORD AT HIS PRIME, IN MY OPINION! Thank you for letting me know it is on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great movie !
    It was a terrific spy, conspiracy, run for your life and mystery type movie.
    I especially like these kinds of movies.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh this has been one of the 10 ten films I have always wanted to see. I hope I can find it at my local video store since I don't have netflix

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say, I'm intrigued. I love spy thrillers. I might even be able to talk my wife into watching this one with me.

    A BBC series you should check out sometime: The Game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't explain it but somehow I missed this Redford movie Mock. Condor sounds like one of the greats.

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites