Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"What I'm Reading"

The Graveyard Book The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Now this is the Neil Gaiman I like. It was spooky, funny, touching, and mysterious. My only complaint might be that some of the mystery was played too close to the vest.

If you like British humor, a touch of the macabre and don't take the idea of ghosts and the afterlife too seriously, you will probably enjoy this.

I found two copies in my classroom library. I am not sure if I would recommend this much below 6th grade, unless you have a fairly sophisticated kid on your hands.

Whereas"Coraline" started strong and faltered, leaving a less and less positive spot as the memroy dims, this book is one I will revisit someday. I hope the author does too.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

  1. Good review. I have that book in my office at work (review copy from publisher). Guess I'll take time to read it now!

    ReplyDelete

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites