Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"I make the weather!"

So we had a special guest at lunch today. Local celebrity and WPTZ NewsChannel 5 Weather Plus Meteorologist Tom Messner (AMS and NWA Seals of Approval) was at school to speak to a few classrooms. He stopped in early for some pizza and some conversation.

Anyone locally knows that Mr. Messner has a very sunny disposition on television. It is even more evident in person. He put up with a few lame jokes about being responsible for the weather but then jumped right into a rather raucous lunch time conversation.

As we all departed to gather our students from the lunch room, I asked if Mr. Messner would mind posing for a quick picture with me. I also asked if he minded if I posted it here. This led to Mr. Messner asking about our use of Twitter and Facebook. Being a Twitter fan, I jumped on the conversation and had a good 10 to 15 minute chat.

So, go ahead and follow him on Twitter here and maybe check out his wife's body of work here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Why, hello there!

whos.amung.us

My Favorites